Not in Lafayette, but still fairly close and a fabulous bargain, so I think it’s worth sharing on the blog. From 10 am-2 pm on December 24th, the Children’s Museum in Indianapolis is offering free admission.
* For every $10 gift card you purchase to the Goodrich theaters (Goodrich runs Lafayette 7, Wabash Landing, and Eastside 9), you get a $1 off concession coupon. There are a couple of movies I’m really looking forward to this December (ahem, Les Mis and The Hobbit, anyone?), and using this deal might help sweeten the deal. Unless I go for popcorn of course, then it would help salt the deal.
* For every $50 of digital gift cards you purchase from Applebee’s, you get a $10 digital gift card.
* At Steak ‘n Shake, get a $5 gift card for every $25 in gift cards you purchase.
I know that more local businesses offered some gift card deals last year, so I’ll be keeping an eye out for them again this year to share. If you know of any, send the word along, please.
Barnes & Noble is having a Read-a-thon on Saturday, Dec. 8 from 10 am to 6 pm. Local athletes, trainers, and coaches will be reading aloud continuously during that time period… sooo kinda like an all-day long story time at the library.
A percentage of purchases made that day will be given to help supply books for children in the community.
If you’re a native English speaker and aged 60 or older, you may qualify for a study about speech perception.
Compensation is $12/hr… 1-2 sessions, each 45-90 minutes.
Contact: Alexander Francis, email@example.com
I’ve posted about Swagbucks before… using its programs and search engine is a fabulous way to earn gift cards online. They’ve also just recently added a new way to redeem some Swagbucks for coupons to places in your community. For 50 swagbucks, you can get a bogo coupon for a personal pan pizza at Pizza Hut, a 40% off coupon from Joann’s, $5 off of $50 at GFS, or another option entirely (there are several business listed!).
To find what’s available in your area, go to the Redeem >> Discount & Savings Tab.
(and, hey, don’t forget about the blog’s give away! You could win a $5 Amazon gc!)
This study looks like it will take some time commitment over the next 11 weeks, but there’s a $610 check at the end of it, which is an outstandingly good amount for a Purdue study!
* must between 18-50 and above average weight
* it will involve 23 visits to Purdue over an 11 week period (although not during Thanksgiving or Christmas break)
* it’s a study about how food form and sweetener relate to hormones.
* Contact: Jan Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 916-995-1080
I looooove blog give aways, so I thought it would be fun to do one for LoL. Here’s how it’ll work: help us get to 50 Facebook likes by 11 pm (eastern) time on Tuesday, Nov. 20th. If we get to 50 likes by then, I’ll do a drawing from our FB fans for a $5 Amazon gift code! Spread the word… and good luck!
Nov. 15-18, from 2-5 pm, Starbucks is offering a BOGO on their holiday drinks. Yum!
Thanks to reader notification, last week I blogged about how Meijer has discontinued their 50% off deli meats and cheeses after 8 pm. I spoke with a store manager a few days ago and he told me that they are now sending those products to area food pantries. I asked if all their employees had been notified about this part of the program, as this wasn’t information that had been given before when I made enquiries. He said they’ve got some new seasonal employees that they’re still training, and that since the food pantry program was just newly established, not all of them are aware of it yet.
Sooo… a bummer in the area of discount meats, but a huge bonus for our community.
Sorry for not getting this out yesterday… I had a root canal done and spent the subsequent part of the day recovering and taking ibuprofen. Feeling better today, though. Yay!
* General Mills Cereals, $1.99/box
– combine with a Swagbucks coupon for $1 off of three boxes=$1.66/box. Oatmeal is cheaper, but this would be an inexpensive cereal splurge.
* Blackberries, 5/$5 (oooh, these would be good in the above mentioned oatmeal!)
* Tyson Bacon, $2.99/lb
* Pork Shoulder Picnic Roast, .99/lb
* Sargento String Cheese, 2/$7
– combine with Swagbucks coupon for .55/off one… – $2.95/pkg
* Peter Pan Peanut Butter – 2/$5
* Hunt’s Ketchup and Golden Brown Mustard, .99
* Meijer frozen veggies, 32 oz, 2/$4
* Glade Holiday Fresheners, 2/$5
* Buy 2 packages of Pampers Easy Ups and get a $10 Meijer gift card
– combine with Swagbucks coupon for $1.50 off 2, making them $1.75/piece!